[ECOS] Running sample applications on eCos

Subodh subodhk@bsil.com
Wed Dec 26 22:28:00 GMT 2001

    Hi,

    I have configured and built binutils and gcc as per the instructions given in
 http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-i686-linux.html  The target is synthetic linux.
I have done this on a x86 processor - linux host only.

   I have taken the instructions from  http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/arm/ecos-tutorial.13.html
to run application hello.c. There is 1 small problem. After the program prints
the message "Hello, eCos world!", it doesn't come to $ prompt. I have to press ctrl c
to get the dollar prompt.

   If I compile this simple program using gcc  ( gcc hello.c ) and then run a.out, $ prompt returns.

   Can anyone tell me, why does this happen ?

   Regards,

   Subodh