[ECOS] A couple of CDL questions...

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 06:58:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 15:45, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> 1) in debugging.cdl, the stanza for CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT
> reads:
>
> cdl_option CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT {
>     display       "Include GDB external break support when no stubs"
>     requires      !CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
>     active_if     { CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR ||
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS }
>     active_if     { CYGINT_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_UNSUPPORTED == 0 }
>     default_value { !CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS }
>
> Now, I am trying to figure out what the !CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT

Don't allow BREAK support if CTRLC support is enabled.

> and
> || CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS parts are trying to accomplish.  This

Allow CTRLC if the app inclydes stubs.

We have both CTRLC and BREAK because of the way things used to work
before (like, in the 1.2.1 days). Ideally, I'd rewrite the few HALs that
still differentiate between these two configuration options, and flush
one of them from the tree. But there never seems to be time enough...

> Shouldn't it be possible to build a
> useful RedBoot with xyzmodem, TCP/IP, etc... that didn't include GDB stubs?

RedBoot was a replacement for stubs, so it was "born" with stubs (the
requirement being a way to make libcdl enable the stubs). Nothing would
prevent you from making some adjustments to RedBoot so it could be built
without stubs. It's just not been a priority, is all.

Jesper