[ECOS] ecos with Cirrus logic 7312

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 19:33:00 GMT 2001

Yongming wei wrote:

> Before trying to use ecos with 7312, I did a search in
> ecos discuss maillist archive, it has been mentioned
> that there is a patch for current ecos release to
> support 7312, but I failed to find it in both redhat
> and cirrus logic website.

Cirrus Logic made a patch available, relative to the eCos 1.3.1 release,
which is unfortunately quite long in the tooth (nearly two years now!).

Newly written 7312 support for current eCos is also available from Red Hat,
but only under the Early Access Program as it is quite new. This does have
the benefit of coming with full support for RedBoot, flash and ethernet
debugging/download. As well as the goodies in current eCos.

If you (or anyone) is interested in this, ecos-info@redhat.com is the right
address to contact.