[ECOS] Ethernet on redboot

Christoph Csebits christoph.csebits@frequentis.com
Tue Dec 11 09:41:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 05:56:01PM +0100, Daniel.Andersson@combitechsystems.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently porting redboot to a board called TQM850 and have used the
> existing MBX860 port as a base.
>
> Right now i am working with the ethernet part and i don't seem to get ping
> to work - not even the default ip works: "ping -h 127.0.0.1". What can be
> the problem here?

* First you should examine how far your sent/received packets get.
  Determine if the core gets any packet ->
  Are the BDs changing, if yes what is in the buffer.
* Disable caches
* Is the MAC address set properly (Endianess)
  try with promiscious mode.
* Use tcpdump (or similar) to log the traffic.
* Turn on ethernet debugging in RedBoot (fconfig)

Try to isolate the problem.

good luck, christoph