[ECOS] File Size Problem??

HuangQiang jameshq@liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 09:39:00 GMT 2001

Hi all:

hello.c ---  int main(void) { return (0);}

gcc hello.c
size a.exe
text	data	bss	dec	hex	filename
1024	1024	12	2060	80c	a.exe

arm-elf-gcc xxxxxxx    hello.c xxxxxx  (no debug option -g not listed)
arm-elf-size a.out
text	data	bss	dec	hex	filename
206540	7484	180644	394668	605ac	a.out

Why so much different??? It seems that the arm-elf-gcc output is much larger
that the gcc output. How can I get the actual size of the app for the arm? I
convert it to binary by using arm-elf-objcopy -O binary a.out b, I got b
200KB , how come? Is it possible for just for a plain main function? Is
there any way to get the size of each section for the binary file?

Thanks a lot

james