[ECOS] Enabling -O2 option of GCC]

N.Suresh nsuresh@cdotb.ernet.in
Mon Dec 10 08:04:00 GMT 2001

Hi,
    i added volatile modifier to buffer descriptor pointers.
    it is working fine.

    i am working on a 8260 based board, where i am getting a avg.
latency of 0.7 ms for ping,
    with cache, MMU and optimisations enabled.

    i want to reduce the latency to about tens of micro secs. (required
by our application).

    Any idea where to optimize? Has anybody done away with the memory
copy from the ethernet buffers to the mbufs ?

thanx in advance,
regards

Andrew Lunn wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 06:45:39PM +0530, N.Suresh wrote:
>
>>    Are there any pointers for getting the areas where exactly gcc
>>optimises and
>>    special care in coding has to be taken care of ?
>>

>Do a search on the ecos discuss archive for "volatile".
>
>   Andrew

= Suresh N., Research Engineer, C-DoT, Bangalore.        		     =
= Call me at : OFF: 2383951(Dir) / 2263399 (268)  RES: 3334248               =
= Alternate email :  nsur_mys@email.com                                      =
= QOT: For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.