[ECOS] About .ecm files

Dave Airlie david.airlie@parthus.com
Mon Dec 10 04:33:00 GMT 2001

> .ecm files are "minimal eCos configuration" files. They are almost like a
> savefile, but only register the differences between your configuration and
> the default.

minus any package additions removal... which has bitten me a couple of
times...

not sure if still applies.. but I used to make a .ecc file with packages
from the default system removed, and the .ecm would reflect it but
importing said .ecm file would never change the packages ... I had to
ship the customer the .ecc also..

twas a while ago and I've no idea if I can reproduce it at the moment
:-)

Regards,
	Dave.

 In this context, they are supplied to give you a "potted"

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.