[ECOS] More Wallclock questions

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Wed Dec 5 06:48:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 10:11:38AM +0100, Damir Salantic wrote:

> So, kernel realtime clock is actually synchronized with wallclock in the
> initialization and later when you want to read wallclock you actually read
> kernel clock.

That's pretty much what I was planning on doing, after I looked
up specs on the CPU oscillator vs. the Dallas RTC. If the
accuracies and tempcos are similar, there's no loss.  If the
RTC is a lot more accurate than the CPU clock, then using a FLL
or PLL algorithm to lock the system time and the RTC together
would be cool.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com