[ECOS] Including a Ethernet driver and PCMCIA driver

Hugo Tyson hmt@redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 10:19:00 GMT 2001

Tim Michals <Tim.Michals@Cygnetinc.com> writes:
> Thanks for the help, but when I add the packages the driver entries
> disappear, should this happen?  Also, I'm having an issue on configuring
> eth0 in the networking section, now I cannot select it anymore.

"Disappear" ?  They've probably moved so as to be below the generic driver
packages - so you can't see them at the top level any more.

A specific ethernet driver package, for example, says "the generic ether
driver is my parent" - so it appears within "ethernet drivers" in the GUI
tree view.  But if the generic ether ain't there, it's an orhpan, so it
appears (inactive, so greyed out) at the top level.  When you add the
generic ether, it moves to its rightful place, hidden in the default view.

HTH,
	- Huge