[ECOS] gdb with the synthetic target

Richard Wicks rich@navosha.com
Fri Aug 24 17:37:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

I've run into a problem executing gdb on the synthetic target (Linux)

I just started working with eCos and I'm using the Linux synthetic target for
evaluation.  I've run into a problem with gdb while working with the examples.

I'm using the most current CVS tree (today's 8/24/2001) but gdb doesn't seem
to work with any program.  Here are my commands from the Linux prompt (Red
Hat):

i386-elf-gdb -nw a.out

Output follows:

GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=i386-elf"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/wicks/ecos/base_dir/examples/a.out
Don't know how to run.  Try "help target".
(gdb)

According to the documentation at:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/i386pc/ecos-tutorial.13.html#23350
(search for gdb -nw for what I was reading)

I'm doing everything right.  Am I?  Has anybody else run into a similar
problem?

Thank you,
-Rich