[ECOS] CONFLICTS that SHOULD be!

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 16:01:00 GMT 2001

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> The following two items were required by the File I/O package.  When I
> removed that package they were not disabled.  As a result I got an error
> saying that the file or directory didn't exist.  In particular,
> <cyg/posix/signal.h>.
> CYGBLD_ISO_SIGNAL_NUMBERS_HEADER
> CYGBLD_ISO_SIGNAL_IMPL_HEADER
>
> The following two items were required by another package which I think
> was File I/O as well.  When I removed the package they were not
> disabled.  As a result I got an error saying that the file or directory
> didn't exist.  In particular, <cyg/posix/limits.h> and/or
> <cyg/fileio/limits.h>
> CYGBLD_ISO_POSIX_LIMITS_HEADER
> CYGBLD_ISO_OPEN_MAX_HEADER
>
> To be or not to be, that is the question!

Hmmm... yes, it would do that. This is an old chestnut that has caught us
out even internally before: should values be reinferred every time
something changes. Or perhaps even just when the user explicitly wants.
Right now we do neither :-|.

I think we should at least allow the user to force a reinference. However
customers tend not to pay for host tools, so very little development gets
done except in "spare time", so I don't know when that would appear. Sorry.
Of course, you have the source :).