[ECOS] program doesn't work with new redboot

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 13:27:00 GMT 2001

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> What about the clock speed of the processor?

Oh you meant *eCos* configuration options when you said "compilation
options". I thought you meant the compile line options. In that case, "yes"
:-).

> Default settings for the
> EDB7111 is 73.728MHz.  So, I assume that redboot must be set to this
> since the Redboot user guide seems to use mostly default values.  Is
> this likely to cause a problem if I need my eCos program to run at
> 18.432MHz?  But, I would think that since eCos is the last system to
> start up, the CPU should be set to 18.432MHz instead of what redboot
> wanted it to be.

I don't think RedBoot uses the timer for anything, so porbably okay.