[ECOS] How to boot from floppy by using eCos?

survey liu liuxw@263.net
Sun Aug 12 23:33:00 GMT 2001


Hi,Jifl

> For your own programs, while it is preferable to load via RedBoot at first,
> later you can write your programs directly to floppy by just reconfiguring
> eCos for FLOPPY startup and writing your program in binary format to floppy
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^----> But which program can be write to my floppy to boot the system?
                                                   :  I select startup from floppy,and buid the library, then I open the shell and go to make
                                                   : my hello program in the examples dir. I get a hello.exe, then I write the hello.exe to the 
                                                   : floppy disk using "dd", but it does not work totally.
> in the same way as redboot.
> 
> Jifl
> -- 
> Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
> Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine


More information about the Ecos-discuss mailing list