[ECOS] Network programming for eCos under linux

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 06:27:00 GMT 2001

Andrew Lunn wrote:

> I found some compiler bugs. Code that worked with the plain linux
> compiler did not with the arm-elf. These were to do with access to non
> aligned memory.

I'm not sure this is a compiler bug - I would suspect the linux compiler
can't access non-aligned memory either, but at a guess the kernel catches
the exception and emulates it for you. If that is the case, it's best
avoided as performance would suck.