[ECOS] Re: configtool hang and illegal op issues

Bart Veer bartv@redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 06:49:00 GMT 2001

    Julian> At 04:15 PM 8/6/01 +0300, harri.siirtola@vtt.fi wrote:
    >> Platform: WIN98, AT91EB40
    >>
    >> I'm in a desperate need of this fix, too! I used ConfigTool
    >> 1.3.1 after finding clumsy workarounds (no illegal op if I
    >> start from scratch, check every option needed and "Save As").
    >> After the latest CVS update it's no longer possible to use
    >> 1.3.1 due to "flavor" properties it claims illegal.

    Julian> I'm not aware of these problems, can anyone else on the
    Julian> eCos team shed some light?

It has not been possible to use the original 1.3.1 configtool with
anoncvs for a long time. I suspect the specific change referred to
here was in libcdl:

    2000-06-22  Bart Veer  <bartv@redhat.com>

	* value.cxx, interface.cxx:
	Allow the flavor property to be used on interfaces. booldata
	interfaces allow the use of #ifdef to determine whether or not
	a feature is available. Clean up some of the value stuff to match,
	especially when it comes to savefiles.

That is why on http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html there is
a section on host configuration tools, telling people to update to a
more recent version such as 1.3.1.2

    >> And 1.3.1.2 both hangs on "Build library" and crashes (illegal
    >> op) on save.

That is a separate problem.

Bart