[ECOS] Debugging multi-threaded eCos application using GDB

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 06:21:00 GMT 2001

Stefan Syberichs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a similar problem like Nadine:
> Debugging an eCos application for the linux target is hard, because gdb is
> not aware of
> the eCos threads.
>
> > We do have some ideas on how to fix this properly, basically making
> > the thread-aware debugging inside gdb much more flexible, but so far
> > nobody has been willing to contribute or fund any of the work
> > involved.
>
> > Bart
>
> Bart, what exactly are the ideas for gdb ? Or does anybody have a solution
> meanwhile ?

Actually I would have thought the easiest route would be to allow included
stubs in the synth target to be available at a socket, and then using the
remote protocol. Making it available as a socket should "just" be a case of
adding a virtual vectored comm interface. It's probably a bit too much work
for us to just do for fun, particularly since the synth target doesn't use
virtual vectors at all right now.