[ECOS] Redboot on MPC8240

K Srinivas Aithal ksaithal_ecos@yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 10:53:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

We are still struck at the same place with gdb. We are not even able to
write to any single memory location through gdb (using the set command
at gdb prompt). I hope if "set" command works the "load" could also
work. I have enabled the remotedebug; and found that when I give a set
the gdb@host console is showing me the packet details and a "NAK". What
could be the problem.

We are not even able to download any code at RedBoot prompt. The XMODEM
protocol or the YMODEM protocol is not working for us. We have two
serial ports (one for diagnostics). I have enabled xyzMODEM-DEBUG and I
see there is CRC error. Also, it takes a lot of initial time to start
the download. I'm using "minicom" and RH6.2. I have a doubt if minicom
is using the old 8-bit checksum style XMODEM and the RedBoot is not
able understand this (as it uses the crc16 method).

How can I use the "load" command at RedBoot prompt to fill a memory
buffer right at the prompt.

My eCos is from CVS but downloaded long back and not the recent one.
Could this be some problem.

Regards,
K Srinivas Aithal