[ECOS] eCos + RedBoot Problems!

Chris C. hksbtx@2bzd.com
Thu Aug 2 08:26:00 GMT 2001

Jifl

>> Hi
>>
>> I have loaded the redboot to the target board. Now, I want to build my
own testing program and then run it on redboot, but I got some error
messages from arm-elf-gcc:

//E/Gary/Program/eCos/tmp/eCos/new_redboot_install/lib/libtarget.a(redboot_m
ain.o): In function
>> `do_go':
>> //D/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/main.c:475: undefined
reference to
>> `RedBoot_version'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>> How to solve it?
>>
>> Also, I selected some templates like kernel, minimal... and then built
them but I didn't find any bin file in bin directory. How to build them and
then run them on the target board (the target board have redboot on it)

>You are still building redboot. Do not choose the redboot >template if you
>want to bulid tests. Also when you choose a different template, >I would
>recommend using a new empty build directory.

I am not clear about what you said, here are some questions I am not sure:

1. My target board [AT91/EB40] have redboot only. Can I build a application
and then run it on the target board?
Which file formats can I load them to the target board via redboot[hyper
terminal]? .bin / .elf/ .img / .srec / .out

2. As you said, if I want to build tests, I need to use a new empty build
directory and then select other template [not redboot]. Do I need to switch
the redboot to GDB mode [type # at the redboot command prompt] before I run
those tests using config. tool?

3. I found that there are only 3 templates [cygmon, stub, redboot] in the
config. tool can generate the image files in the bin directory. All of the
other templates just have the include and lib in the untitled_install
directory.
If my target board have redboot only, how can I load the ecos to the target
board and then run it on the redboot?

Thanks for your help! : )

Chris