[ECOS] RE: RedBoot

Anthony Massa amassa@san.rr.com
Wed Apr 25 21:59:00 GMT 2001

> > > This option is already enabled in my eCos application build.  However,
> > > don't see any of
> > > this information printed out.
> >
> > That implies it's not getting an address. Thinking about it maybe
> > you can't
> > have both RedBoot and the app getting an addr from DHCP. Perhaps give
> > RedBoot a static address to see.
> >
> > Anyone else confirm?
>
> After reading a previous post from Hugo, I changed RedBoot to have a
static
> IP and gateway address.  The same thing happens when I do this.

>Uh, you have called "init_all_network_interfaces()" in you app?  The
>network doesn't initialize automatically - precisely to allow for the
>flexibility we've been discussing.  I mean, the dhcp thread will manage
>your leases *after the interfaces are brung up* but it won't initiate the
>bringup.

>I do advise staying with the static IP for RedBoot.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you yesterday.

I have the call to init_all_network_interfaces in my application properly -
as stated in the networking documentation.  I have the call in a thread that
gets created from my cyg_user_start routine.  Is there any additional
consideration I need to take into account for the call?

I have configured RedBoot to use a static IP address.

I am still running into the same problem as I mentioned before where the
network usage gets printed out on the GDB console window, then the hour
glass sits there for a while, and then the debugger shows program stopped at
the bottom.