[ECOS] eCos API

Chris Gray gray@acunia.com
Thu Apr 19 23:57:00 GMT 2001

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> >      Hi, many RTOS e.g. WinCE, Paml, etc. allow user to use it's API to
> >develop applications and download it to it's system. Now I want to support
>
> eCos does not support user-installable applications. It is a monolithic,
> statically-linked OS+application.
>
> There are various proprietary ways to solve this, depending on your needs.

One interesting case is the one where the application includes a Java(TM)
compatible Virtual Machine (I think that's the approved formula; doubtless
Sun's lawyers will tell me if it isn't).  Is anyone doing this with eCos, or
would be interested in doing so?

Chris Gray

VM Architect, ACUNIA
(draw your own conclusions)