[ECOS] "Invalid download offset" when downloading eCos

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Thu Apr 19 06:20:00 GMT 2001

Hi Daniel,

> >> then i get the below error message from gdb. I have tried downloading on
> >> different locations i.e. 0x02018000 and 0x02000000 and according to the
> >> manual it should be right. What else could be wrong?
> >
>that is NOT using eCos and it works fine to download it. If i run an objdump
>on my output file i get the following:
>
>-----------clip------------
>Program Header:
>     LOAD off    0x00008000 vaddr 0x02000000 paddr 0x02000000 align 2**15
>          filesz 0x0000a07c memsz 0x0001239c flags rwx

0x8000 is nonexistent on the EB40 after the remap command. The header above
says that your image is being loaded at address 0x8000 with a _virtual_
address of 0x2000000. Check your linker script.

If you're ROMming the code, the load offset should be 0, if RAM then it
should be 0x02000000.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."