[ECOS] threads & serial port for i386

danish iftikhar d_iftikhar@hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 06:31:00 GMT 2000

Hi
   Today i found a very absurd thing , if i disable the serial port options
for i386 in ecos.ecc then all the thread tests are running fine , even the
two threads.c example program performed as desired.
But when i enabled the serial port for i386 ( i enabled only one port
"dev/ser1" ) then things started going wrong . None of the thread tests pass
then & the two thread.c program also stucked after printing only two lines .
do i need to do any thing more for enabling thread switching . am i missing
something or there is some problem with threading and io .
i have applied the patch given by Fabrice also.
i just enabled the following options for serial port :

  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC    user_value 1

  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC_SERIAL1   user_value 1

CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC_SERIAL1_NAME    user_value "\"/dev/ser1\""

CYGNUM_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC_SERIAL1_BAUD     user_value 57600

CYGNUM_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC_SERIAL1_BUFSIZE    user_value 128

CYGNUM_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC_SERIAL1_IOBASE    user_value 0x000002F8

CYGNUM_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC_SERIAL1_IRQ          user_value 3

CYGNUM_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC_SERIAL1_INT          user_value 32

please specify the cause and remedy of this problem

  regards
  danish.