[ECOS] ELF, AIF and AXF formats

Dave Airlie airlied@parthus.com
Tue Sep 19 05:16:00 GMT 2000

Well I've given out about this many a time ..

ARM AXF is an ELF Dwarf II image, GCC output is an ELF Dwarf II image,
someone is lying as the ARM debugger chokes on Gcc output binaries (unless
you strip out all the debugging symbols from it in which case you can
download to the board using the multi-ice ..)... I think it should be
possible to right a converter for the symbols gcc produces that ARM don't
like using the DwarfII docs, a docs from ARM on their ELF file format and
some gcc stuff...

I'm just praying that ARM/Redhat sort out their licensing issues and
release the gdb->MultiICE software sooner rather than later...

Dave.

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.