[ECOS] download problem to i386 pc(continue)

danish iftikhar d_iftikhar@hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 00:22:00 GMT 2000

>From: Alex Mathews <alexma@crosstor.com>
>To: danish iftikhar <d_iftikhar@hotmail.com>
>CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] download problem to i386 pc
>Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:44:01 -0400
>
>The error you're receiving leads me to believe one of the following:
>
>1. You don't have the serial port enabled in the bios on one or both
>your machines.
>2. You're using the wrong serial port compared to what you told gdb.  I
>use /dev/ttyS0 for com1 when connecting to my target.
>3. You don't have permission to write to that device on your host
>machine.
>
>-Alex

Hi

  if this would have been the case then at that time it might not have even
been connected, leave apart downloading . anyway i have checked that , i
connected to /dev/ttyS1 from linux to com1 on i386 .
but today , i could not even connect to it ..it hangs on every time . it is
displaying some characters during bootup which shows that floppy is correct
, but now it is exhibiting a continuous pattern of
when connected serially.
what does it signnify ?
can i connect to this target via ethernet ? if yes , how do i configure the
IP adress for i386 target .