[ECOS] Re: Question on PCI Interrupt translation

Ling Su lingsu@palmmicro.com
Mon Sep 18 20:09:00 GMT 2000

> As you are guessing, it may just be a simple mistake in constructing the
> ISR. Normally the steps are:
>
> cyg_interrupt_create()
> cyg_interrupt_attach()
> cyg_interrupt_unmask()
>
> and be sure to call cyg_interrupt_acknowledge() in the ISR.
>
> > I read the test cases for intr, I didn't find an realistic sample to
test
> > the interrupt mechanism, since the test case just cover the function
call
> > part, not real interrupt is generated. Is there any working interrupt
> > sample?

Thanks Jifl,

I guess I follow the correct step of using interrupt. I am not sure if it is
the bug for eCos, I changed one thing in platform.S for vrc4373. In the
initialization of vrc4372, the INTPOL and INTRIG are set to 0x03fff, I use
0x001f instead. Since PCI standard use interrupt for level trigger, low
active, I initialize the #INTA-#INTB to this configuration, I can enter the
ISR now...

But the question is, supposely the DSR will be executed automatically,
right? But I wait for a long time, nothing happens? Is that a problem?

Will you attend the ESC at San Jose?

Thanks.

Rgds,
-Ling