[ECOS] Applied Microsystems SuperTAP ICE

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Thu Sep 14 07:35:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 11:31:35PM -0700, Joe Buczek wrote:

> Is anyone aware of an existing open source tool to convert eCos
> ELF target output file(s) to a format that the CAD-UL XDB
> debugger uses? This is the debugger that comes with the Applied
> Microsystems SuperTAP for 486.

[...]

> All I want to do is use the ICE's overlay memory to load the
> eCos image. I want to use gdb for actual debugging.

I've never seen an in-circuit emulator that didn't accept
either Intel-hex or S-record files -- some also accept raw
binary files.

Since this is for an Intel processor, I'd try Intel hex first.

Use objcopy to convert from elf to ihex.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com