[ECOS] PC Serial driver

Fabrice Gautier Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com
Wed Sep 13 18:26:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

I've ecos running on a PC, debugging with gdb through com1 and I would like
to read some data sent on com2.

So first I configured eCos to enable the hardware serial driver fort port 1
(ie com2)
I am surprised that in this configuration I had to precise the baudrate, but
not for example stop bits or parity. It seems that I had to configure those
at runtime, but I also have to configure the baud rate so I don't understand
very well what I'm reaaly doing.

Anyway, the serial port seems initialized, as I get the following ouput:
Init device '/dev/ser1'
I386_PC SERIAL init - dev: 2F8.35
Set output buffer - buf: 1B4B60 len: 128
Set input buffer - buf: 1B4BE0 len: 128

Then a cyg_io_lookup seems to return a correct handle.
But then a cyg_io_read block (I'm just reading one char)

It seems I didn't get any interrupts neither. (I put a breakpoint in the
serial DSR)

My serial device works well (I have tested it using my PC as a terminal and
get plenty of input)

Is the Serial Driverfor PC in good shape? Does anyone succedded in reading
something from a serial port? Do I use the good driver?

Thanks