[ECOS] A bug in eCos PCI library for NEC-VRC473...?

Ling Su lingsu@palmmicro.com
Fri Sep 8 19:17:00 GMT 2000

Hello, Jifl,

After hacking the eCos hal layer code, I guess following might be a bug in
the eCos PCI library, please check,

In the /hal/mips/vrc4373/include/plf_io.h: #define
HAL_PCI_PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BASE 0xC000000
In the /hal/mips/vrc4373/src/platform.S: init 2 PCI master
address windows registers as 0x1c0fd01c and 0x80081080, which means (From
NEC 4373 manual page 37) only the second one is enabled and mapps CPU (virtual)
address 0x800xxxxx to PCI physical 0x800xxxxx. Is that correct? Then when I use
pci library to allocate PCI memory, it always maps to 0xC0xxxxxx. It won't be
decoded by VR4373, so the PCI can not be accessed via the allocated
memory.

I am not sure it is the problem, if you have time, please take a look,
thanks!

Best Regards,
-Ling