[ECOS] UITRON/threads wierdness or silliness..

Dave Airlie airlied@parthus.com
Mon Oct 23 04:41:00 GMT 2000

Hi,
	I've got an application that I've recently started running with
asserts switched on :-), it uses 5 UITRON tasks with 20k stacks.

ASSERT FAIL: <7>sched.cxx           [ 152] static void
Cyg_Scheduler::unlock_inner()                                                            Bad

rears its ugly head

$1 = {<Cyg_HardwareThread> = {stack_base = 270244, stack_size = 20000,
    stack_limit = 270244, stack_ptr = 256024,
    entry_point = 0x9950 <main_task>,

As you can see stack_ptr is pointing below stack base ...

I'm just wondering how such a thing could happen... I though it was stack
size but the assert checks stack_base + stack_size, so somehow I'm going
below my base ptr ..

it seems to happen after I trigger the first task but I'm not too
sure.. I'm going in deeper but I thought I'd ask just in case someone
spots something obvious..

 any ideas?

Dave.

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.