[ECOS] Where is my stack ?! (for my i386)

Fabrice Gautier Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com
Thu Oct 19 17:29:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

Where does the startup stack, the one used by cyg_start, is supposed to be ?

In the i386, it is located just in front of the startup code, and this is
very bad. At least i think the stack should be in a defined area of the
memory map and not in the void... Just where I was trying to put the idt,
the vsr table and the virtual vector tables.

How is this done in the other arch ? Where is the stack located ?

And is there any way to detect a stack overflow when it happens ?

Thanks