[ECOS] Redboot and builtin functions

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Thu Oct 19 03:31:00 GMT 2000

> About builtins functions, memcpy, memset ...
>
> I've seen that memset and memcpy are defined and implemented in multiple
> places.
>
> One of this place is generic-stub.c where a comment says that the stub can't
> use the same memcpy and memset than the rest (I can't see really why but why
> not..)

We had a problem where we needed to single step through memcpy when we
had some data corruption going in. The gdb stub itself uses memcpy, so
you end with a break point in the code handling the break point and it
all dies horribly. The static definitions of memcpy in the stub make
sure the stub has its own memcpy functions which will never get a
break point in it and you can then debug the globel memcpy functions.

        Andrew