[ECOS] eth-driver fails in ROM-build

Jasper Goseling j.goseling@3t.nl
Tue Oct 17 08:03:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm working on an application which uses the Goahead webserver
on a Cirrus EDB7111-2 Rev B development board. This application
works fine when build for RAM. But a version build for ROM, does
not function correctly. Everything seems to function properly, but
the ethernet driver fails. If I build an application which uses full
DHCP and only calls init_all_network_interfaces(), I receive the
following diagnostic output:

Network stack using 65536 bytes for misc space
                    65536 bytes for mbufs
                    131072 bytes for mbuf clusters
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
CS8900: Tx interrupt lost
BOOTP/DHCP failed on eth0

I'm working under Windows with the latest CVS sources.
Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Jasper Goseling