[ECOS] i386 FPU (was: RE: [ECOS] need help getting started with eCos for Intel 386EX!!)

Bart Veer bartv@redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 06:38:00 GMT 2000

eCos has no dependency on a hardware FPU. If the target processor does
not have an FPU then typically eCos will provide software emulation
instead. Even if there is an FPU the appropriate HAL may provide a
configuration option to disable support in case the application has
no need for floating point, which can help to cut down context switch
times etc.

I have not looked at the 386 code in any detail so I do not know
exactly what goes on in there. It is very possible that more work is
needed.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer