[ECOS] Manual install of TCP/IP to eCos 1.3.1?

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Fri Nov 17 05:42:00 GMT 2000

I've had a problem reported earlier with using the GUI config tool to
install the TCP/IP module 1.0b1 to eCos 1.3.1, with tar saying it can't
find pkginfo.db in the archive. Last night I manually used gzip/tar to
extract the file, and it's not corrupted. Will it work if I manually cat
pkginfo.db >> /c/progra~1/redhat~1/ecos/packag~1/ecos.db and then copy the
various net directories into their correct positions?

I am worried that this error indicates some more serious problem, probably
a cygwin text vs binary mount.

One day I may actually be able to build! :/

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Got any Commodore 16 or VIC-20 hardware, cartridges, tapes?
Visit http://www.larwe.com/vintage/