[ECOS] Initialization routines take too long?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Fri Nov 10 12:02:00 GMT 2000

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 11:57:05AM -0800, Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> > It seems that if my first 10ms timer tick occurs before system
> > initialization is complete, something gets corrupted and the
> > system crashes in various different ways.
>
> Why should your timer be initialized before everything it needs is
> initialized?

I'm not sure what you mean.  The timer doesn't need anything
else to be initialized before it is initialized.

> Maybe it's a problem in the constructors priority order.

I think it's more likely a problem with what happens when the
ARM IRQ is finally enabled.  It appears that the system crashes
if there is a pending interrupt when that happens.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com