[ECOS] Patch Problem

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.co.uk
Tue May 23 09:12:00 GMT 2000

"amassa@cts.com" wrote:

> I am having troubles applying the patch detailed in the PowerPC installation
> instructions.  When I apply the ecos-gdb.pat file, I get the "Reversed (or
> previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]"
> line, so I hit enter so that the patch is NOT reapplied.  However, with the
> ecos-gcc-2952.pat file I get a message right away that
> says cannot create file c:\temp/xxxx for makefile.in where xxxx is some
> number.  I installed cygwin in the D:\cygwin directory, so it concerns me
> that I see c:\temp in the message.
>
> Have you seen such a message and can you let me know what else I might try
> to apply the patch.

I haven't seen such a message, but I'm pretty sure I can guess what is
going on.

The environment variable TMP, TEMP or TMPDIR is set to "c:\temp" when for
cygwin it should be set to "/tmp". If you type e.g. "echo $TMP" you should
be able to find out which one it is, and change it with e.g.:

export TMP=/tmp

The patch should then work. To make this change permanent, add it to your
d:\cygwin\bin\cygwin.bat file.