[ECOS] eCos on NEC MIPSVR4373 Evaluation Board

Ling Su lingsu@palmmicro.com
Fri May 19 15:37:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

I am astonshied to find that the GNUPro-ETS version will cost $7,500.
Obviously, I can not afford that. I am going to build the toolchain by
myself at first. :) I remeber in the eCos1.2 version website, there are a
lot of instructions on how to build a cross-compiler, or something like
that. Now I simply can not find that kind of information, like where to
download what files, how to configure the options and how to build it for
one specific platform. Could anyone point me that since I believe it exists
somewhere? :)

Best regards,
-Ling

> Ling Su wrote:
> >
> > > http://sourceware.cygnus.com/getstart.html
> >
> > There is something wrong with above link, I didn't get anything by
clicking
> > it. :)
>
> That's what I get for writing stuff off the top of my head. It should be
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/getstart.html
>
> > One thing I like to ask is, is the GNUPro tool kit is open source and
free
> > for downloading? If the answer is positive, could you let me know the
place
> > to download it for the most updated version?
>
> The Red Hat GNUPro toolkit is not free for downloading. However the free
> net GNU tools are. Of course, the free tools won't be the same level of
> quality as GNUPro, nor is there any official support for them. But if you
> want to use them, just follow the instructions in the above link.
>
> Jifl
> --
> Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS  Tel: +44 (1223)
728762