[ECOS] additional PC (i386) serial ports

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Tue May 9 01:11:00 GMT 2000

Talia> Hi, Our application needs to communicate with two devices on
Talia> two serial = ports. For debugging gdb/Insight requires another
Talia> serial port. My problem is ecos only seems to recognize = the
Talia> first two serial ports, and the gdb stub always uses the first
Talia> port.  The 3rd port need not be in the production hardware,
Talia> only for debugging. = Ideally the application should use the
Talia> standard ports (first two) and gdb use the third port. Is = it
Talia> possible to modify the gdb stub code to do this?=20 Thanks in
Talia> advance.  Regards Ranj Wickremasinghe.

Yes, look in hal/i386/pc/.../src/plf_stub.c. You could add some CDL
configury to control which port the GDB stub talks over (and
contribute it back), or you could just hack it to use COM3 :)

Jesper