[ECOS] cl7111 and gdb problem

Rene.Affourtit@pemstar.nl Rene.Affourtit@pemstar.nl
Wed Mar 22 07:47:00 GMT 2000

The board I'm using is the EDB7111-2 rev B .

When I install the gdb stubs nothing happens , I don't  see anything at all
using hyperterminal (both ports of the board and  no, the com port is not
broken, using angel I get the bootup message displaying version ). At the
moment I'm building gdb version 4-18 to try and see if it works.

A prebuilt stub would be welcome. If it worked on your board I should be
able to get min eworking too :-)

     Rene Affourtit

                    Gary Thomas
                    <gthomas@redhat        To:     Rene.Affourtit@pemstar.nl
                    .com>                  cc:     ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
                    Sent by:               Subject:     RE: [ECOS] cl7111 and gdb problem
                    gary@ares.chez-
                    thomas.org

                    03/21/00 05:00
                    PM

   Sadly, we don't have one of those boards in functional shape right now.
   Note: the Cirrus Logic port was initially done using the CL7111, so I
   know
   it _did_ work at one time.

   What version of the board do you have?
   When you install the GDB stubs on the board, does anything happen at
   all?
   Have you tried connecting a "terminal" (hyperterm, etc) to it at
   38400/8N1?

   I could send you a CL7111 GDB image I have that dates from Nov,1999, if
   you
   want to try it.