[ECOS] "Hello, world" on AEB without gdb

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 13:22:00 GMT 2000

k> Jesper, Thanks for the hints.  I'll try them soon.  I can't,
k> however, find any reference to --change-address=0xXXXXXXXX in the
k> objcopy chapter in the GNUProtools documentation.  Can you describe
k> what that option does and in particular what the significance of
k> the 0xFBFF4000 address is.

k> Thanks for you patience.  keith

Oh. Nor can I. Binutils documentation bug, I reckon.

I'm pretty sure it just adjusts all the absolute addresses in the
image by the specified offset.

That may be necessary if the eCos memory mapping differs from the
default memory mapping of the firmware environment (i.e., the GDB stub
would be built to run in an environment where memory is mapped at
0x8000 - by subtracting 0xFBFF4000 that ends up being 0x4004000 which
I think is in the ROM region. But I can't find the docs for the board
right now, so I could be quite wrong).

Jesper