[ECOS] How to create a new platform?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Wed Feb 16 11:07:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 05:53:41PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:

> Grant> I've been looking for documentation on how to create a new
> Grant> platform so that my customized files don't get blown away by
> Grant> the make process.  So far I haven't found anything.  Can
> Grant> anybody lend me a clue?
>
> See:
>
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/docs-1.2.1/ref/ecos-ref/kernel-porting-notes.html

Ah, that's what I was looking for.

> It's crap though (I'm allowed to say that. I wrote it :)... And we
> know.  We want to make it better, but there never seems to be enough
> time to do stuff like this.

I know, I know.

> Basically, copy an existing platform directory and make your
> adjustments in the new directory. Then edit the top-level files
> packages and targets accordingly.

I've got that mostly done.  It took me a little while to figure
out that I needed to add my new target to both the targets and
packages files.

Next, I need to modify the linker command file for my target to
add "glue" sections and add some "provides" to set the
addresses of periperals.  I can do this by adding lines to
mlt_arm_mustang_ram.mlt or I can delete the .mlt file and edit
the .ldi file directly -- right?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com