[ECOS] Redboot

Doug Fraser dfraser@photuris.com
Fri Dec 15 05:54:00 GMT 2000

Hello Anthony,

One thing I would try, is convert the srec to pure binary.
Then use plh to load it into RAM at a known location.
To do this, run 'env' first, and set the load address.
For example, set it to 10000 hex.

then, assuming that you have set up your ip (niot),
and that the binary image is in /tmp/redboot.bin,

plh 20 0 /tmp/redboot.bin

You will now have the image in RAM at 10000 hex.
The length will be reported from plh when it completes.
(it reports in decimal) Assuming that it is 20000 hex bytes long,

pflash 10000 30000 fc000000

That should do it. Then power off, switch J4 to select the block
you just programmed, and power up.

(I am assuming a general knowledge of MBX and EPPC-Bug here)

Perhaps Bill Gatliff can add some details off line.
He is also working with an MBX board, and has dealt with
much of this already. Bill????

cheers

Doug