[ECOS] How do I get __ARMEB__ defined ?

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Wed Dec 13 09:07:00 GMT 2000

"Edward,Yan-Chi,Lin" wrote:

> Thanks Jifl
>
> But why the option "Use big endian mode" didn't add the "-EB" to the Global compiler flags ?

That would be a problem. Which platform is this?

> Now from my understanding. If I want to access a byte at, for examples, 0x7FF9003,
> I can't use HAL_READ_UINT8(0x7FF9003). Is that right ?

Yes, you always have to *assume* it is little-endian, and let the system
handle the translation if it's actually big-endian. Believe me, this is
better for generic code than the alternative which is always to provide two
values.

Red Hat UK, Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1 7EG
Tel: +44 (1223) 271062              ||  These opinions are all my own fault