[ECOS] Can't use expressions in ecos.ecc any more?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Wed Dec 13 07:33:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 03:23:54PM +0000, Bart Veer wrote:

>     Grant> Didn't expressions in ecos.ecc used to work?
>
>     Grant> $ ecosconfig tree
>     Grant> C CYGNUM_MEMALLOC_FALLBACK_MALLOC_POOL_SIZE, Illegal current value 128*1024
>     Grant>   Legal values are: 32 to 0x7fffffff
>
> No. You can have expressions in the original CDL, but the code for
> reading back savefiles has never supported expressions.
>
> It is possible that a particular value is never referenced by other
> active CDL expressions. For example, if there were no constraints on
> CYGNUM_MEMALLOC_FALLBACK_MALLOC_POOL_SIZE then you could type in
> "128*1024", and in the generated header file you would end up with:
>
>   #define CYGNUM_MEMALLOC_FALLBACK_MALLOC_POOL_SIZE 128*1024
>
> For much code this would just work.

That must have been what happened.  I'd been using expressions
(just too lazy, I guess) for a couple things with 1.3.1, and
they generated errors with the CVS tree.  It's certainly not
worth any extra effort to get it to work.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com