[ECOS] redboot info threads problem

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Thu Dec 7 06:13:00 GMT 2000

> CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR != CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR
>
> You are trying to set the wrong option.
>
> RedBoot is a ROM monitor so (CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR=1) and it cannot
> rely on a ROM monitor so (CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR=0).

That solved it.

So the redboot.txt in 1.4.4 is wrong. It does not say anything about
setting this option when building the ROM version.

Looking at sources.redhat.com its been corrected on the online
documentation.

I was just unlucky when i decided to use official supported
documentation rather than the best effort documentation on the web :-(

Thanks for your help

        Andrew