[ECOS] redboot info threads problem

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Thu Dec 7 05:43:00 GMT 2000

>> This seems to be wrong - possibly a holdover from a previous
>> release.  You need 'CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR' to be defined within
>> RedBoot, which will turn on the thread debug support.  Are you
>> turning this off explicitly?  If so, try not doing so.  I just
>> checked that a RedBoot built "out of the box" for the EBSA does
>> this correctly.  Note: this symbol is only defined for RedBoot in
>> ROM.

Andrew> The export file given in the redboot.txt explicitly turns this
Andrew> off, but in fact ecosconfig has already decided to turn it
Andrew> off..

Andrew> lunn@tux:/lhome/lunn/ecos-work-sa-1.4.4.redboot-plain$
Andrew> /usr/local/pkg/plcuts/ecos-1.4.4/tools/bin/ecosconfig new ebsa
Andrew> redboot U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0 U
Andrew> CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM, new inferred value 0 U
Andrew> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS, new inferred value 1 U
Andrew> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT, new inferred value 1 U
Andrew> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT, new inferred value 0

Andrew> When i import redboot.ROM it stays off.

Andrew> If it try to turn it on with

Andrew> cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR { user_value 1 GDB_stubs
Andrew> };

Andrew> I get constraint conflicts it cannot resolve.

CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR != CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR

You are trying to set the wrong option.

RedBoot is a ROM monitor so (CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR=1) and it cannot
rely on a ROM monitor so (CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR=0).

Jesper