[ECOS] net-1.0b1.epk is corrupt?

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Wed Dec 6 12:44:00 GMT 2000

> > >Hmm.... that's interesting and entirely possible. Can anyone confirm?
> >
> > I had no problem downloading net-1.0b1.epk from Red Hat site,
> > opening it with the windows ecos package manager, adding and compiling
>
>Do you know whether you saved it in a location that is mounted in cygwin as
>type "text"?

Isn't there another issue here, the virtual path given by the config tool
when it accesses the files?

On my system, the mounts are something like
/ C:\CYGWIN binmode
/c c:\ textmode  <<<---- for sources

So if I put my epk in / (according to cygwin), then the config tool will be
accessing it in binary mode if it uses /net-1.0b1.epk or in text mode if it
uses /c/cygwin/net-1.0b1.epk.

Confusing! Or do I misunderstand how cygwin works with conflicts like this?

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/