[ECOS] SNMP data available in 1.0b1 stack?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Wed Dec 6 12:15:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 07:30:17PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> > > I've read somewhere that the current version of the TCP/IP
> > > stack includes optional SNMP support.  While I do not currently
> > > need to support SNMP, I do need to provide a significant subset
> > > of the same data via a web page.
> > >
> > > Is that data tucked away somewhere in the 1.0b1 stack, or will
> > > I need to update to a newer version of the stack?
>
> > So you should be able to just pull out these stats in any app linked with
> > the net stack.  (This code is compiled with _KERNEL defined to cause the
> > network headers to expose these in-kernel data structures)
>
> But you would need an updated network stack from anoncvs to even have those
> stats I believe? They weren't exported until you did it for SNMP as I
> recall?

It looks like they're there in 1.0b1:

$ grep stat rpshsi2p.map | grep -v static_initialization_and_destruction

tcpstat             0x110             ../ecos-build/install/lib/libtarget.a(net_tcpip_in_proto.o)
mbstat              0x21c             ../ecos-build/install/lib/libtarget.a(net_tcpip_if.o)
ipstat              0x70              ../ecos-build/install/lib/libtarget.a(net_tcpip_igmp.o)
stats_in_cksum      0x10              ../ecos-build/install/lib/libtarget.a(net_tcpip_in_cksum.o)
udpstat             0x2c              ../ecos-build/install/lib/libtarget.a(net_tcpip_in_proto.o)
igmpstat            0x24              ../ecos-build/install/lib/libtarget.a(net_tcpip_igmp.o)
rtstat              0x14              ../ecos-build/install/lib/libtarget.a(net_tcpip_if.o)
icmpstat            0xbc              ../ecos-build/install/lib/libtarget.a(net_tcpip_ip_icmp.o)
                0x000668a0                mbstat
                0x00066b60                rtstat
                0x00066be0                ipstat
                0x00066c50                igmpstat
                0x00066ca0                stats_in_cksum
                0x00066d40                tcpstat
                0x0006d580                udpstat
                0x0006d5f0                icmpstat

The one that's missing is etheripstat, and I presume that's
because my ethernet driver isn't filling in the data and there
are no references to it.

Now that I think about it, don't some of the test programs in
the net 1.0b1 distros print out data from some of these when
they finish?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com