[ECOS] Re: how do I configure libstdc++ for a non-unix OS - eCOS

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 11:34:00 GMT 2000

This is an interesting question. From looking at your error messages,
it looks like you are using gcc-2.95.2 as your base compiler, from
which I assume you are not actually using libstdc++-v3, but
libstdc++-v2. I can't help you with that port.

I can, however, help with the libstdc++-v3 port, especially if you are
using a more recent compiler. Most of your error messages look like
they are from unresolved bits in libio: libstdc++-v3 can be configured
without libio. (This functionality originally came from a port to
another embedded OS, so I suspect that libstdc++-v3 could be made to
work with eCOS if sufficient time and energy was spent working on it.)
The other bits have to do with the "C" library eCOS uses, which I
assume is newlib, and which libstdc++-v3 already deals with for cross
compilers and cygwin.

-benjamin