[ECOS] FW: GDB Stub and Redboot

Gary Thomas gthomas@redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 10:36:00 GMT 2000

On 06-Dec-2000 Anthony Massa wrote:

> What does the Generic Flash Memory support do?

It enables FLASH support.  You use this with RedBoot to allow it to manage
the on-board FLASH memory device.

> So, I don't need to add the Networking package?  Is that somewhere in the
> redboot template?

No, RedBoot uses it's own network stack, separate from the eCos network
package.

> Also, why is PowerPC QUICC/SMC serial device drivers greyed out in the
> config tool?

Because you've not enabled generic serial I/O.  You shouldn't do this
anyway.  The PowerPC/QUICC packages are set up to include certain functions
(like the serial drivers) once the generic support is turned on.

Again, RedBoot does not use any of this.